Snowdown Bloody Mary Contest
Fairground Exhibit Hall with the Chili Cook-Off
Preparation and booth set up
10 - 11 am
Turn in for judging:
Open to the public for samples:
12 - 2 pm
Sat 10:30 am
Judge’s choice overall:
1st : $250 | 2nd: $100 | 3rd: $50
People’s choice overall:
1st, 2nd, 3rd (Prizes vary)
Spiciest, best garnish, best costume, most unique
Those who lay claim to Durango’s best Bloody Mary, or just like to make people smile, can show off their goods at the Snowdown Chili Cook-Off. Each team will receive a booth to decorate (optional) and prepare/serve Bloody Mary’s. Turn in for official judging begins at 11:00 am. You will make one Bloody Mary in a glass of your choice for presentation. Judges will all sample your Bloody Mary and judge for best overall. Contestants will then provide 4 oz samples in Snowdown-provided cups for the guests from noon till 2 pm. Guests can vote for the People’s Choice award.
This event fills up!
It’s first-come first-serve. To secure your spot in the Bloody Mary contest, please RESISTER HERE ON_LINE.
Additional questions, please contact:
Dusty Grannis: email@example.com or 970-799-1681 (text is fine).
• All must be at least 21 years old.
• Must make at least 3 gallons of Bloody Mary; however, we prefer you make 5 gallons.
• 4-6 liters of vodka will be provided for each contestant. Contestants wishing to infuse their vodka can pick it up a week ahead of time.
• Contestants must mix the alcohol into the Bloody Mary Mix at the fairground. Bloody Mary mix and garnishes are to be prepared in advance to expedite serving. It goes fast!
• Turn in for judging one Bloody Mary in glass of choice (Presentation and garnish is encouraged) for official judging.
• Provide the remaining Bloody Mary’s to the public in exchange for tickets. Two tickets per sample. (Remember this is a fundraiser for Snowdown, no free samples please.)
• Only provide samples to guests with an age-verified hand stamp.
• Snowdown will provide 4 oz sample glasses and ice.
• Contestants should bring their own cooler or bus tub if they want ice near their station.
• Contestants will be disqualified if caught serving to anyone without an age-verified hand stamp.
• Based on previous years, contestants should be prepared to serve 300 samples.